Presenting Genealogy at Family Reunion

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Cazzy

Presenting Genealogy at Family Reunion

Post by Cazzy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:20 pm

I am seeking suggestions for presenting a plethora of genealogy information at a family reunion in June. I have a large binder with copies of letters, certificates, lists, etc. which one or two individuals could sit down and browse together. However, I need a way to present copious amounts of “treeâ€

dennisb

Family Reunions

Post by dennisb » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:02 am

Hello Cazzy,

At our family reunion several years ago (before I was using IFamily) one relative put together a fantastic scrap book of stories and PICTURES that was greatly appreciated by all.

I'd brought some materials and facts on our family history. Turned out at our gathering, very few were interested in that detail. I found out who was, and corresponded more closely with them subsequently.

One thought, if you have a Macintosh laptop, would be to set it up for people to look at your tree in iFamily. That allows them to look at what they're interested in.

A final thought, you can use iFamily's ancestor or descendant PDF reporting to create a file (with pictures!) that can be printed up on banner size. In the U.S. you can do that using an online service from FedEx (Kinkos). People I've shown the iFamily PDF reports are always impressed.

Best of Luck,
Dennis
Dennis

Cazzy

Post by Cazzy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Thank you, Dennis! Suggestions like yours are just what I'm looking for. I especially would like to try the last one you described.

DavidPBarr

is there Fedex Kinko software for Mac OSX?

Post by DavidPBarr » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:34 pm

I have read online about Fedex Kinko and found sites that have software to send the pdf to a Fedex Kinko office for printing. Is there something for a Mac?

If not, what is the max size that Fedex Kinko can print?

Thanks

David Barr