Different colour font?

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
ctrunfree

Different colour font?

Post by ctrunfree » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:50 am

Hi

Is it possible to have a different coloured font for people who MAY be part of your family tree but whose bona fides need more careful examination?

NigelRichman

Re: Different colour font?

Post by NigelRichman » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi,

I don't think there is a way to do that but what I do is put a comment in the "Comment" section about the info that is needed to be verified.

It is possible to search for entries with a Comment using the menu item 'People ... Comments....'

You can also enter a search string to refine the set of comments.

Use the 'Print' button to generate an Excel file of the selected people. I have not found a way to open this in Numbers from within iFamily.

The mouse-over text for the print button is also wrong but it does work.

Not what you were thinking but it may help find the ones you wish to track.

Regards,

Nigel

ctrunfree

Post by ctrunfree » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Thanks Nigel, I'll probably go with that too. iFamily does tend to like things definitive (no question marks allowed, or approximate dates allowed!)

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi,

Hope it proves OK.

iFamily will take approximate dates using the abt, bef, aft (and others) type modifiers (abt = About, bef = Before, aft = After) though it does not allow a range.

I find that quite acceptable when you don't know the actual date but can guess some limit. Having an approximate date does allow some of the functions in iFamily that use the date (such as finding a potential parent, child etc) to work whereas leaving the filed blank does not.

Nigel