The New Web Site and Forum
The iFamily menu items for:
- Download Latest Release
Discussion Forums and
Frequently Asked Questions
Ancestors and Descendants Diagrams
- Changed the display of marriage dates from year only to the full marriage date including the qualifier.
- Enhanced to update the (internal) index of place names after merging.
- The Sources pane is now (once again) refreshed correctly after adding a Source Reference to a person by right click on the Context Diagram. This was previously OK in version 2.443 but got broken in V2.463.
- When a Picture/Media object is cloned from one person to another, the Source References for that picture are now also cloned to the new instance of the picture. The simplest way to clone an image is to drag it from the Pictures pane onto someone in the Context Diagram.
To set the Context Diagram to display any one of the optional texts use the Preferences panel or hover your maouse button over a person and use the scroll wheel/ball.
- Added Consanguinity as a 12th option for displaying text in the Context Diagram. The consanguinity is calculated relative to the "Root Person of the current Ancestral View". If you want to see what happens when multiple cousins marry then click on this thumbnail, where each relationship has been calculated via the shortest path:
- Added Ahnentafel Numbers (aka Sosa-Stradonitz or Kekule numbers) as a 13th option for displaying text in the Context Diagram. The Ahnentafel numbers are calculated relative to the "Root Person of the current Ancestral View". Here is what you would normally expect to see:
If a person has multiple Ahnentafel numbers then they are all listed. Here is the same image as for consanguinity with the Ahnentafel numbers displayed relative to Queen Elizabeth II:
- Added an option to display Source Numbers Referenced as a 14th option for displaying text in the Context Diagram. This is intended to quickly highlight those people that may need additional research effort.
- Added an option to include Ahnentafel (aka Sosa-Stradonitz or Kekule) Numbers. These Ahnentafel numbers are calculated relative to the "Root Person of the Ancestors Report".
- iFamily now remembers which pane was open in the lower half of the main window. The next time you start iFamily it will activate the pane that was active when iFamily was last closed.
- Added a button to display all of the metadata contained in the image file. This includes metadata such as Exif, IPTC, TIFF and Camera metadata. You can then copy and paste whatever is needed into the Notes box.