- HTML Web Pages - First released as V2.372
Added a new menu option Reports -> Publish HTML Web Pages which creates an HTML web page for each person plus an index file (index.html). Each web page displays a navigable context diagram plus the database details for the selected person.
Many options have been included based on user feedback such as font face and size, background colour, random colours, colour gradient, generations of ancestors, width of context diagram, event notes, centred or left justified, inclusion of LDS Temple and Status for events, Source Reference Notes, table borders, exclusion of living and recently dead people (+number of years since death).
For large databases the Main Index file is split if there are more than 1000 people and the folders for HTMLFiles, Diagrams and Pictures will be split into separate folders when they contain more than 500 files. The HTMLFiles, Diagrams and Pictures are structured into sub folders.
Each person's page may contain a Context Diagrams as either a JPEG image or as a Table. The Table option generates much smaller files and is much faster but not as pretty as the JPEG option.
For an example click here
Enhancements to Web Pages in V2.373 to V2.377
- Suppressed the display of Living and Recently Dead people in the tables.
- Added hyper-links for parent's and children's names in the Events list
- Added a field to change the default Title on the Index Pages.
- Minor cosmetic changes to the HTML options dialog.
- Added an option to include/exclude Notes for Source References.
- Added an option to generate a much larger (6 generations) Ancestors Chart as a hyper-linked table.
- Recently Dead people are now called "Recently Deceased" instead of "Late" on the diagrams.
- Changed the logic for the display Births & Deaths of Parents and Children in the Events Table.
- Corrected the handling of Unicode Linefeed (Hex 0x2028) and Paragraph (Hex 0x2029) chars that may have been pasted in from a word processor.
- Added an option to include the originals of images in the output, the thumbnail images are now clickable.
- Family names are now sorted case sensitive within case insensitive.
- Context Diagram
A cosmetic change - when a new person's name is added by using copy/paste from a web page or word processor, then the data entry field immediately converts the string to plain text.
- Sources Pane
Added keyboard shortcut (R) to add a Source Reference from the current Selected Person to the current Active Source. If no Source is currently Active then it prompts you to activate one.
- Context Diagram and Ancestors/Descendants Diagrams
Added an option to set the main window colours to "Classic Colours" which have a grey title/frame, white background with zero gradient, pale grey dialogs. When a window is inactive the title/frame colour is now a paler shade.
- Ancestors and Descendants Reports
Corrected an error when generating RTFD files where some wrong thumbnail images could occasionally be displayed in the reports.
- Dialog Sizes
Corrected the initial size of the Transcription, Project Views Add/Edit and Dynasty Report dialogs for 13 inch screens.
- Sorting of Accented Characters
The sorts on fields that contain accented characters now use a localised sort so that characters such as O, and Ã¿ (O slash) appear together.
- Export to Gedcom
Custom tags for latitude, longitude and geocoding are now correctly excluded from the Gedcom export based on the user's preference.
- Attaching an existing person as a parent
V2.374 - The logic has been changed to "If the person being attached as a parent is male (female) and the child has no natural father (mother) then the relationship will be natural else it will be a step-relationship"
- Various Dialogs such as People -> Notes, People ->Comments and ProjectViews
V2.377 - removed the localised character sorts that were introduced in V2.372 to enhance the display sequence of accented Scandinavian characters. They worked fine when tested on Leopard but failed when used on Tiger.
Catalogue of Changes and Features in iFamily For Leopard
1 post • Page 1 of 1
What's New in V2.378