What's New in V2.318 - released 20 December 2007

Catalogue of Changes and Features in iFamily For Leopard
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

What's New in V2.318 - released 20 December 2007

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:38 pm

What's New in V2.318

Context Diagram

The Focal Person's image and the mini-pictures (when popped up) can all now be scrolled through using the keyboard arrow keys as well as with a scroll ball. Simply hover the mouse pointer over an image (it pops up) and then use the Left, Right, Up and Down arrow keys.

Import from Gedcom

Legacy 6.0 occasionally generates incorrect Gedcom tags for some CONT and CONC lines in NOTEs records. iFamily for Tiger now corrects these errors and loads the records into the iFamily database instead or rejecting them as being invalid. The invalid tab characters in Legacy 6.0 NOTE records have also been corrected during import into iFamily. Also corrected the import of Legacy Source type records, some versions of Legacy correctly tag this record with a custom tag SOUR._MEDI, whereas other versions of Legacy use an invalid tag SOUR.MEDI. iFamily now accepts either Legacy tag and interprets it as an iFamily SOUR._TYPE record.

Ancestors and Descendants Diagrams

Adjusted the display of Notes when using the options "Size to Screen Width" AND "> 10 Generations" AND "Thumbnails".
Added a check-box to the toolbar to quickly display/hide the thumbnail images.

Occasional poor redraw of the main window after dismissing a dialog window

I believe that all dialogs have now be fixed so that they close cleanly without leaving temporary holes in the main screen. This is a Leopard only problem and it is intermittent. If you find one that I have missed then please let me know. Hopefully Leopard 10.5.2 (or 3) will fix the root cause of the problem.

Invocation of Word Processor

iFamily now recognises and launches Microsoft Word 2004 Version 11.3.9 correctly as a word processor application.

Events and Relations Panes

V2.318 - corrected a sizing error in V2.317 to ensure that column headers are always fully visible.

V2.318 was released on 20 December, 2007