What's New in V2.108 - released on 01 May 2007

Catalogue of Changes and Features in iFamily For Leopard
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

What's New in V2.108 - released on 01 May 2007

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:37 am

What's New in V2.108

Gedcom Import

Enhanced to reject two corrupt Gedcom Tags from a.n.other family tree application that were previously allowed to be imported.

Delete Person and Disconnect Person

Added main menu options for People - Delete Person and People - Disconnect Person. Too many people were asking "How Do I ..." so it was obviously not intuitive.

Location of the iFamilyForTigerData Folder

Added main menu option File - Move Data Directory to allow the user to move the default location of the iFamilyForTigerData folder out of their Home Folder.

Family Name Function

The automatic Family Name function now recognises suffixes such as Jr, Sr, I, II, III, ...., XX.

If the person's name consists of only one word then it is now assumed to be a Given Name rather than a Family Name. You can enter question marks for Family Name or for the Given Name. For Example "Alfred ?" or "? JONES" are both acceptable. In the first case the Family Name becomes "?" and in the second case the Given Name becomes "?".

Drag and Drop of Images from Ancestry.com

Images dropped into iFamily from Ancestry.com are now renamed from image.x.JPG to a name containing the dropped-on person's name.

ToDo List

Added menu option People - ToDo List. The shortcut to the ToDo List is Option+Apple+T. The single character T will also work if the context diagram has the focus, i.e. no data field is currently being edited.

You may now add reminders (ToDos) for each person, review them and print a ToDo report.

Add Unconnected Person

Added menu option People - Add Unconnected Person, An unconnected person is someone who is related to no-one.

ScratchPad

Added menu option Window - ScratchPad. The shortcut to the ScratchPad is Option+Command+S or simply S if the context diagram has the focus, i.e. no field is currently being edited.

You can cut/paste or drag/drop or type any text into the ScratchPad. The ScratchPad is cleared when you Quit.

Family Group Report

On large databases this report is now generated (and scrolls) much faster.

Bug Fixes

Corrected a bug in Version 2.100 that could occasionally cause a crash or freeze - only reported by one user.
Corrected an error in the right click pop-up menu in Pictures pane of main window.

Version V2.108 was released on 01 May 2007