incomplete GEDCOM export

Issues and Discussions surrounding Gedcom and iFamily
massmaniac

incomplete GEDCOM export

Post by massmaniac » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:14 pm

I was trying to export my iFamily for Leopard v2.5 data as a GEDCOM file, but found that the dataset was incomplete.
It did not hae any complete dates (only the year was shown) and no locations were listed.
I&#39m not really sure if the sourcing was correct either, though it does seem like the family connections were OK.
Is there a way to correct this?

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:27 am

Hi massmaniac,

I have sent you an email requesting your Gedcom, I have not encountered this problem before and would like to investigate further.

Thanks,
Warwick.

OleCodger

Has this problem been resolved

Post by OleCodger » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:31 pm

Has this problem been resolved? I&#39m having a loss of dates.

I want to create a subset of my database for a relative. When I do the export Gedcom it does not carry over the dates and places of birth-death. It does put in the year for birth. I can provide example if needed.

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:04 am

OleCodger wrote:Has this problem been resolved?
Ah, yes and no. The problem is occuring by a logical error in the code. The loss of data you are seeing in your Gedcom is being caused by a Depersonalization procedure.

As shown below, when the red boxed option is chosen, the program will Depersonalize even when the Depersonalize box is not ticked. Please ensure that only one of the top two options is checked and the loss of data will not occur.

This has been remedied for the next release of iFamily.

NTJ

Post by NTJ » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:24 am

Any news you could share with us about the next release like expected dates or features?

thanks

Nelson