create new iFamily tree from iFamily gedcom

Issues and Discussions surrounding Gedcom and iFamily
lesleyf

create new iFamily tree from iFamily gedcom

Post by lesleyf » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:36 am

I am running OSX 10.6.6 and have the latest iFamily I tried to do a Gedcom load using a Gedcom that was created in my iFamily tree however the load gedcom window that launched all was greyed out including the open button so I do not know what I have not done properly ??
everything else functions well and I could load the gedcom created to Ancestry no trouble I am sure with earlier versions I was able to load a gedom and create a new tree in iFamily but now I cant I did a reinstall in case that might help but did not ?? no rush as I know how busy you are
27" Intel iMac Snow Leopard +iPad 64gig

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:00 pm

The first thing that occurs when the "Load GEDCOM file" window opens is that a Finder style Open File sheet will unfold from the title bar.

All files which do not have a *.GED extension will be greyed out. Please let me know if this is not the case. The Open button will only be active once a GED file has been selected on the displayed file list.

PS: Once the Load Gedcom Dialog is invoked, it is "modal" and all menu options will be greyed out until it is closed again. This is to prevent changes occuring to the database while it is trying to export.

lesleyf

Post by lesleyf » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi Warwick the mistake I made was that Gedcom was on desktop ! as I had saved it from ages ago , so I put it into ifamily data folder and it now does what you say but then as it starts the ifamily program quits so I made a new gedcom this morning and it now works fine maybe something not quite right with the one that I made before ?
Thank you so very much Warwick
27" Intel iMac Snow Leopard +iPad 64gig