Errors after importing GEDCOM file to Ancestry.com site

Issues and Discussions surrounding Gedcom and iFamily
Luci

Errors after importing GEDCOM file to Ancestry.com site

Post by Luci » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:18 pm

I generated a GEDCOM file from iFamily for Leopard and I had no problem uploading it to the Ancestry.com site.

However, a quick scan showed up two errors (I haven't looked closely at it to see if there are any others):

* First noticed that a spouse name for a maternal aunt was incorrect on Ancestry site, but accurate in my iFamily file.

* b. and d. years for a different maternal aunt do not show up at all on Ancestry site.

Thinking that I might have done something incorrectly, I went back to iFamily, generated a 2nd GEDCOM file, and uploaded that one to Ancestry.com with a different tree name. Now the spouse's name is correct for my first aunt, but the b. and d. years are still absent for my second aunt

Any ideas about what I need to do to correct this?

Thanks!
Luci
Researching: SCOLA-CALDERARO-SERPE-ODDO-DAWSON

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Luci wrote:b. and d. years for a different maternal aunt do not show up at all on Ancestry site.
My first query is is this information correct in your Gedcom file. I am happy to have a look at it for you if you would like to email it to me and tell me which name I am looking for. Please send it to support@ifamilyforleopard.com, I will delete it after I have investigated.

The second thing I need to know is which Gedcom export options have you selected. Some depersonalization settings are available when exporting Gedcoms. (If you have selected File -> Export -> Export Gedcom -> Whole of Database this will definitely include all relatives and their spouses.)

Some depersonalization issues were fixed in our recent release. If I identify any issues I will include a fix in our next release.

If I find that the information is contained in the iFamily export, and it reimports into iFamily ok, I would recommend asking ancestry.com to investigate if there is a problem on their import process.

Warwick.

Luci

Post by Luci » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks for the prompt response, Warwick!

Yes, the info in my iFamily file is correct. Will email the Gedcom file to you over the weekend, along with a screen shot of the export options that were checked to create it.

OOPS!!! Just checked my version number and it's 2.5.11...not the latest version. Will download and install that first, then regenerate and upload the Gedcom before I do anything else to see if that solves the issue.
Luci

Luci

Post by Luci » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Warwick,

All is copacetic with the GEDCOM file since I installed the latest version of iFamily.

Thanks so much for all your help!
Luci