New Mac with "No Migration Event" & synching a

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
John De Carteret

New Mac with "No Migration Event" & synching a

Post by John De Carteret » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:07 pm

I've had iFamily on my Mac (running Snow Leopard) for several years, but the HDD recently crashed, with no data recoverable! Having bought the new 27" desktop (with latest Mountain Lion) the engineer was able to recover my data from an external HDD (phew)!! But now when I open iFamily all the people have "No Migration Event" after their name and date of birth entries?
Any suggestion as to what this is referring to and how I can resolve this?
(2) I also have iFamily running on a MacBook Pro, but the databases were never in sync (some entries were updated on one database, but not the other). How do I do this, so that both versions are merged and the same?
John De Carteret

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:03 am

1) "No Migration Event" in the personal details boxes is one of the preferences. You can either change this via the lightswitch in the toolbar or the preferences option in the menus. Select Name instead of Migration from the drop down box in the preferences menu.

2) The databases themselves are in files ending with FtkSql. Use the "Compare and Merge" functions from the iFamily menus to see what differences those databases contain. (You will first have to copy both databases to the one machine. Feel free to email me should you need you need any assistance or run into any trouble.).

John De Carteret

Getting there...!

Post by John De Carteret » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:59 am

Sorry to have taken so long to reply, but thank you for the help "tips' in answer to my query.

Having done the initial setup and creation of my tree (which amazingly goes back 31 generations to abt. 960!!!) I haven't been into the software regularly so I was a bit lost when my Mac crashed!

Thanks, it's a fantastic program.
John De Carteret