Merging People from One Database to Another

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:08 pm

Originally posted by jimwinfrey

I have a person who exists in two databases. One of the databases contains several generations of the ancestor of this person. I can merge his details on both databases but I can't find a way to move his ancestors to the other database. What is the process for moving a group of people from one database into another?

Thanks,

Jim

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Hi Jim

I think you will find the answer in FAQ's at http://ifamilyforleopard.com/forums/YaB ... 1179122591

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Originally posted by jimwinfrey

Thanks Keith,
The FAQ solution worked fine except that the spouse of the focus person in the Source database, even though highlighted, did not copy over. Had to copy the Spouse as an individual action.

I hope someday when you have time you can revisit this move and merge routine. While it does work, it is not at all intuitive. It would be simpler (for us) to be able to drag folks from one database to another and then link them in the Target database.

Jim

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Hi Jim

I agree entirely - it needs revisiting pronto - and it is very high on the todo list, i.e. I'm working on it right now - but do not hold your breath this is shark infested waters.

Keith