Searching Notes

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Searching Notes

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:49 pm

Originally posted by jimwinfrey

I'm still trying to figure out how to search event and general notes for common information that folks may share. An example, in Reunion I used Flags to identify which family line a person belonged to (me, my wife and my sons-in-law - 4 tags). The tags show up in Comments when I import a gedcom from Reunion, in the form WINF=Y, etc. One of the Flags is ORPH for orphans that I have not yet found a link for. Periodically I make a list of these orphans to do research on them. How can I search Comments for a specific phrase such as this?

Jim

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Searching Notes

Originally posted by dhwalt

Hello Jim,
I have done similar things with 'flags' in comments to track down non related people ...etc. In the toolbar, top right, 'find in comments', click the dropdown and use the comments filter. ORPH should find all the individuals with that comment flag.

Dave W.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Searching Notes

Originally posted by jimwinfrey

Thanks Dave,

For some reason, clicking on the little tick on the Find window has not clicked with my old head yet. This is the second time I've asked a question that the responder directed me to that capability. Maybe it will stick this time.

Jim