Source Media

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Source Media

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:04 pm

Originally posted by jimwinfrey

My sourcing practice is, when possible, to add a broad master source and to add details to a level 2 source or citation. Looking at source construction in iFamily, it appears that media or document links can be added at the source level but I can't find a way to add media to citations. I have one source &quot The State Paper, Columbia SC&quot to which I have cited nearly 300 obituaries. I have copies of each obituary and want to be able to attach them to each citation. I guess I have two questions. Can I attach media or docs to citations, or, if not, what is the procedure for linking media and docs to citations?

Thank,

Jim

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Source Media

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:04 pm

Hu Jim,

In iFamily for Tiger a scan or photo of each of the obituaries can be added to the person's Pictures Pane but not to the source citation. In the next release, V2.020, you can also drag text/doc/html/pdf/.. documents into the same Pictures Pane.

Double click on any object in the Pictures Pane and it will invoke your default application for that document type.

An obituary is usually about a single person but it could be attached to more than one person - with different title and notes to suit.

When designing the interface for iFamily for Tiger we tried to keep it clean and simple with as much as possible up-front and part of the main window panes.

Regards, Keith Wilson