Transcribe Feature

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Transcribe Feature

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:43 am

Originally posted by Lesley

The Transcribe Feature on imported pictures eg my BDM certificates is fantastic!
I am now adding all my cetificates for everyone that I have them for ....as well as a photoand sometime smore for each person
cant wait to show it off to my brother when he comes out from UK next year ....Now he will get a Mac for sure D

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Transcribe Feature

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:43 am

Hi Lesley,

Another hint for you on your BDM certificates: If you have dragged a marriage certificate into Fred's Pictures panel and you want it to also appear in his wife Mary's Pictures panel then drag it from Fred's Pictures panel onto Mary's box in the context diagram.

Wedding Photos and Group Pictures
Similarly if you have a wedding picture that contains 6 people, for instance Fred, Mary, Fred's parents and Mary's parents. After you have dropped the image into Fred's pictures panel you can then drag it onto the other 5 people's boxes in the context diagram. Subsequently you could crop each of their faces out of the picture and so you now have, after very little effort, 6 mug shots cut out of 1 wedding photo.

The Notes field for a Picture can be used to record the notations that often written are on the back of the original photo. You may also like to record the date the picture was taken in the Date field for the picture.

Keith