When: Release of Version 2.506

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
cturbeville

When: Release of Version 2.506

Post by cturbeville » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Does anyone have an idea about when Version 2.506 will be released? I really love this program but the reporting capabilities are sub par at best. I have been using various genealogy programs since 1980 and know what good reporting from a genealogy program looks like. Without question on the PC side Legacy and The Master Genealogist are the best. I have used both since their first version. I have just this year switched over to a MacBook and I was appalled at the lack of good genealogy programs for this platform. I found iFamily for Leopard and fell in love immediately. But after working with my data in the program and then trying to create a decent Register Report to no avail I have become disillusioned. I am literally sitting on the fence as to whether or not to buy another program that has reporting capabilities but no where near the flexibility of this program. The ability to create a report in a standard genealogical format recognized by the Genealogy community is extremely imprortant.

gavroche

Post by gavroche » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 am

Regarding Register Reports (or Ahnentafel Reports)

Try downloading Personal Ancestry Writer II. It&#39s a free software pkg. Visually, it&#39s not very appealing, but you can export a gedcom from iFamily, load it in Personal Ancestry Writer, and PAW can output either a Register or an Ahnentafel report.

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/ ... r-II.shtml

This way you retain the flexibility of iFamily, but have a way to generate a Register or Ahnentafel report, without spending additional money on any software.