Importing image from DejaVu

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
chadant

Importing image from DejaVu

Post by chadant » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:07 am

I have a number of images of census returns (especially 1841) that I would like to import into iFamily for Leopard. At the moment I can&#39t seem to find a way to do it. Suggestions?
Tony Chadwick
Family Names: Chadwick, Parnell, Turner, Edwards

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:30 am

Hi Tony,

If they are images or documents you should be able to "Drag and Drop" them from a Finder window.

1. In finder, locate the correct image and directory.

2. In iFamily, click on the person you want to add the census data to and select "Pictures" from the tab at the bottom of the iFamily window

3. With both windows positioned on your screen next to each other, Drag and Drop the file into the Pictures pane in the bottom half of iFamily. Our software will then make a copy of the image in the iFamilyData/Pictures/ folder and will also create a small thumbnail of the image for your family database.

Should you ever export a Gedcom of your database, you will also be prompted to create a zipped file of the image copies it contains.

Should you ever wish to remove one of the images from your database, just click on it in the pictures pane and press the delete key or right click and select "Remove picture"

Hope this helps,
Warwick.