Royal Family Tree

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Barb

Royal Family Tree

Post by Barb » Thu May 14, 2009 1:06 pm

How do I stop/disable the Royal Tree from opening up every time I open the program :?:

hib

Re: Royal Family Tree

Post by hib » Thu May 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Barb wrote:How do I stop/disable the Royal Tree from opening up every time I open the program :?:
If you start up by double-clicking on the file of choice, this will be remembered the next time that you start up by opening iFamily directly.
Al

Barb

Royal Tree

Post by Barb » Thu May 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Maybe I was unclear or maybe I am missing something. I have to open the program before I can open or select (double click) the file that I want, but as soon as I open the program, the Royal Tree opens. I do not want the Royal Tree to open at startup or ever. Thanks

hib

Re: Royal Tree

Post by hib » Thu May 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Barb wrote:Maybe I was unclear or maybe I am missing something. I have to open the program before I can open or select (double click) the file that I want, but as soon as I open the program, the Royal Tree opens. I do not want the Royal Tree to open at startup or ever. Thanks
No, if you are in the Finder, since 1984 double-clicking on a file will open that file in the application that "owns" it. If the application itself is not yet open, then the application will open up with that file. Thus, try double-clicking on your iFamily file with iFamily not opened. This will open up both the app and the file within it. Hereafter, iFamily will remember this file and its location. Make sense?
Al

Barb

Royal Tree

Post by Barb » Thu May 14, 2009 3:39 pm

Got it :D :!:
Thanks for your help