Julian date conversion

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
mousecook

Julian date conversion

Post by mousecook » Thu May 21, 2009 9:03 pm

I&#39ve been going thru my &#39Unprocessed Records" to check and see what didn&#39t make it thru the Gedcom conversion from Reunion to iFamily and find all my dates that were in the old Julian format were converted from an exact date i.e. "18 Feb 1719/20" to either an about date or appended to the notes.

Since these dates are transcriptions from sources, I used the exact transcription rather than convert them to a single date. Has anyone else encountered this and come up with any solution. I really don&#39t want it to show as an &#39about&#39 date and I have lots of them in my files.

The other part of the problem is that the error list shows line number, not the name of the record that was changed. Any suggestions on how to find these records quickly?
Looking for Williams, Thomas, Jacobs and Cook surnames. Participating in both Williams and Cook DNA projects.

Lee

Dates

Post by Lee » Thu May 28, 2009 9:50 am

As far as I am aware you have to put the information in the notes.
ie. accept the date field and then add what you really mean in the notes for that event.

Regards
Lee

mousecook

Post by mousecook » Thu May 28, 2009 5:18 pm

That&#39s pretty much what I concluded so I left the correct date in the notes and deleted the abt from the date. Thanks for the reply.
Lynda
Looking for Williams, Thomas, Jacobs and Cook surnames. Participating in both Williams and Cook DNA projects.