Opening page

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Opening page

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Originally posted by plange

Is it possible to choose the design of the page you get when you open the iFamily? Instead of " family" i would like to have the possibility to choose " events" , " Pictures" or " story" etc. as the opening image.
If it¥s not possible, maybe it could included in a later version?

I would also like to have a " sortdate" for the events.

Petter Langeland

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Opening page

[quote=z"plangez"]Is it possible to choose the design of the page you get when you open the iFamily? Instead of " family" i would like to have the possibility to choose " events" , " Pictures" or " story" etc. as the opening image.
If it¥s not possible, maybe it could included in a later version?

I would also like to have a " sortdate" for the events.

Petter Langeland[/quote]
Hi Peter

The default starting pane in the lower half of the main window is the Family pane. There is no plan to change this. Option+Cmd+Left or Right arrows will change the selected pane in the lower half of the main window.

The default sort sequence in the Events pane is by Year, Month Day. If you would prefer some other sequence then please let me know.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Opening page

Hi Keith,

thank you for a quick answer

1. I use Events much of the time, family very seldom. Therefore I think it could be practical if each person could choose his own default pane.

2. If you have the birthdate (01 05 1800) and Christening year (1800)(where i write the church and the witnesses) the person will be christened before he is born.
Sometimes the year is unknown and sometimes the year is irrelevant. With a sortdate you dont have to write a date, just a sortdate (the date you write is hidden as in TMG)

Petter

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Opening page

If you have a Birth date of 01 May 1800 and you know that the person was Christened then you can enter a date like &quot After 01 May 1800&quot for the christening date and it will appear in chronological sequence after the Birth date.

Similarly, &quot Before&quot dates appear before other events on the same date.

Death, Burial and Cremation events that are undated will be at the end of the list. There are a few more similar &quot rules&quot in the iFamily sort routine.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Opening page

plange wrote:Hi Keith,

1. I use Events much of the time, family very seldom. Therefore I think it could be practical if each person could choose his own default pane.
Petter
Hi Petter

Default Pane when Starting iFamily
  • V2.466 - iFamily now remembers which pane was open in the lower half of the main window. The next time you start iFamily it will activate the pane that was active when iFamily was last closed.
Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Opening page

Thanks Keith!

Very good solution

Petter