List of People Who Share a Source

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:15 pm

Originally posted by jimwinfrey

My data came from a program that didn't do some things well. I have a master source that has 555 citations, all wrong and were scrambled in the gedcom export from the other program. I'm looking for a way to get a list of the people who share the source. I can go to the Sources list and see the list I want but I don't have a way to get it into a list I can work with. Is there any way to create a Project View from the source usage lists?

Thanks,

Jim

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

jimwinfrey wrote:My data came from a program that didn't do some things well. I have a master source that has 555 citations, all wrong and were scrambled in the gedcom export from the other program. I'm looking for a way to get a list of the people who share the source. I can go to the Sources list and see the list I want but I don't have a way to get it into a list I can work with. Is there any way to create a Project View from the source usage lists? Thanks, Jim
There are three options for doing this:

1. Main menu option Sources -> Review Source References (Citations)

2. In the Sources Add/Edit dialog there is a new button in the lower RH corner called Display Details of References

3. Menu option Reports -> Sources

I will send you V2.459. Please let me know if they provide the answer you need. You may like a " print" button somewhere.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Originally posted by jimwinfrey

Thanks Keith, the ability to Review Source References gets me almost there. But I can only show the person and the selected source, I can't edit anything. The person panel is not active when this window is open. I can think of two ways to make this very useful. First, a button that lets me create a .csv file so I can see the detail and add notes and use it as an edit list. Second, and probably more difficult, would be to make the person sources pane active while the Review Source References window is open.

Jim

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

jimwinfrey wrote:Thanks Keith, the ability to Review Source References gets me almost there. But I can only show the person and the selected source, I can't edit anything. The person panel is not active when this window is open. I can think of two ways to make this very useful. First, a button that lets me create a .csv file so I can see the detail and add notes and use it as an edit list. Second, and probably more difficult, would be to make the person sources pane active while the Review Source References window is open.Jim
Sources -> Review Source References Dialog

V2.462 - added a Print button to generate a Rich Text Format (RTF) file..

Keith