A Bug ? Comments field not saving data

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Bob Parks

Post by Bob Parks » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:23 pm

I have two screens/pages up. The Individuals name page and the Index page sorted by the ID #.

I have a list of family names sorted by ID #

I click on the Id# on the Index page to bring up the individual page I want to My comment on.

I then click on the next ID# and it brings up the next individual, and I add the comment.

When I check back, the Comments were not added.

After adding a comment I hit the Tab key but it does the normal tab. I hit the Enter key and it just does a return as does the Return key. The only way I found to work was to click in another field to save the comments then I can go to the next Individual&#39s page

I think that one should expect after typing data and going to the next page the data should automatically be saved.

Thanks
Bob

Bob Parks

Post by Bob Parks » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:39 pm

I should have added that the same applies to the Notes field

tmbe

Post by tmbe » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:16 pm

I have noticed the same thing too. And I&#39ve also noticed that sometimes if I type a note into the notes or the comments field, and then go to a new individual, the text I just typed shows up suddenly in the new (wrong) individual&#39s record.

I too have tried to avoid these problems by clicking into another field - haven&#39t noticed any other way to ensure that my text doesn&#39t end up on the wrong person or not saved.