PDF Source image

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

PDF Source image

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:46 pm

Originally posted by tom

When I add a source and paste an image of the source a low res image of what has been pasted is displayed if the image is a jpeg however, if the image is a PDF, once pasted, a blurry image with PDF written across it is displayed. Just wondering if this behavior could be altered to respond similarly to Finder which displays the first page of the PDF file? I'm running the latest version of Tiger, 10.4.11 and iLeopard 2.423.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

PDF Source image

tom wrote:When I add a source and paste an image of the source a low res image of what has been pasted is displayed if the image is a jpeg however, if the image is a PDF, once pasted, a blurry image with PDF written across it is displayed. Just wondering if this behavior could be altered to respond similarly to Finder which displays the first page of the PDF file? I'm running the latest version of Tiger, 10.4.11 and iLeopard 2.423.
Hi Tom,

When I built it I tried what you suggest and in many cases the thumbnail of the PDF file was meaningless so I opted for simply displaying the generic PDF icon. I will have another look at it.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

PDF Source image

Originally posted by 4x4x4

Hi Keith,

Like Tom, I also would love to see the first page image of a PDF file added into " Pictures" . I find it a little frustrating not being able to see at a glance what the file is. I could be wrong, but I am sure this worked prior to the last upgrade to the latest version, but after the upgrade any new PDF's added just showed the PDF icon. Before that, I got the PDF images (eg Marriage Certificate) to display as the certificate and not the PDF icon.

Also I hope you haven't forgotten the upgrade to " Last Change" . D

4x4x4

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

PDF Source image

Originally posted by 4x4x4

Hi Keith again!

I have just been reading the " What's New in V2.456 and see that you have already changed PDF files to use the same thumbnail as is displayed in Finder in the new version. Thank You! Thank You! You are very efficient and I should have read it first!! I shall eagerly look forward to it.

But please.....don't forget the " Last Change" date.

4x4x4

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

PDF Source image

Thumbnails for PDF files

PDF files now (once again) use the same thumbnail as is displayed in Finder.

Hint: If you have existing PDF images in iFamily and you want them to be converted to the Finder PDF Image style of thumbnail then open the Picture Editor and click on any of the thumbnail properties or the button labelled " Defaults" .

Keith