Grandparents are first cousins

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Marcella Moore

Post by Marcella Moore » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:45 am

My grandparents are first cousins and share the same grandparents. How does iFamily display this on the diagram? :?: Thank you
Marcella

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:45 am

Hi Marcella,

In the main diagram the ancestors are only shown for the selected person so the common ancestors (grandparents) will appear when both individuals are selected.

There are two sets of Grandparents for each person and though the first cousins share one set they have a different set for the other parent.

In the descendants chart, if you select the common GPs then the cousins will appear below as expected.

I tried to include a picture of this but could not attach one. Must check how to do this again.

Anyway, I am not sure what you were expecting but it seems to handle the situation OK.

Regards,

Nigel

Marcella Moore

Post by Marcella Moore » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Thank you. Your response helps. I posted this question because I noticed that each &#39common&#39 parent was listed twice.
Marcella

Kirsten

Post by Kirsten » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:14 pm

NigelRichman wrote:Hi Marcella,

In the main diagram the ancestors are only shown for the selected person so the common ancestors (grandparents) will appear when both individuals are selected.

Regards,

Nigel
I am curious, how do you select both individuals?
(I apologize if this is a simple question.)

Kirsten (new to using iFamily)

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi Kirsten & welcome.

I did not mean that the individuals were selected at the same time just that when they were selected the same individuals would appear.

Sorry for any confusion,

Nigel