Change capitals in surnames

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Originally posted by chrisinechuca

Hi Keith
having placed my family tree in to ifamily from another tree i have found since i have been adding new details that surnames are now all in capital letters is there a way to change all other surnames to capitals or do i have to go back to each one and change so when list is formed the surnames are not together one under all capitals and the other under capital first letter
you probably have something some where as you seam to have thought of most things having done a wonderful job with the progrsm

Regards Chris

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

chrisinechuca wrote:Hi Keith
having placed my family tree in to ifamily from another tree i have found since i have been adding new details that surnames are now all in capital letters is there a way to change all other surnames to capitals or do i have to go back to each one and change so when list is formed the surnames are not together one under all capitals and the other under capital first letter
you probably have something some where as you seam to have thought of most things having done a wonderful job with the progrsm

Regards Chris
Hi Chris

Use menu option People -> Family Names... and then press

Capitalise All Family Names or Uppercase All Family Names

Then in Preferences check (or uncheck) the option for Family Names All Caps (on data entry)

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Originally posted by chrisinechuca

Thanks Keith
thought there must have been an answer
still finding my way around
thanks for the most efficient answer

regards
chris