Introducing myself

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
fussyoldfart

Introducing myself

Post by fussyoldfart » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:11 am

Greetings all,

I am new to genealogy having decided only a couple of weeks ago to "dig up" my roots. I hope to find here a few people who are willing to help a newbie and just to discuss, informally, the techniques and tips that are so helpful to one in any new endeavour. I belong to several forums regarding my hobbies (old British Cars, Cameras, Computers)

My main research will be to trace back to Scotland the ancestors on my father's side and to wherever they may lead the ancestors of my mother. In addition I have probably got a great many cousins who may turn up as I follow the many descendants of my grandfather and the three women who bore him children.

Specifically I am looking for information about Kenneth Roland MCDONALD, his first wife, Jessie Fulton, his second wife Georgina McRae, and his third wife, Florence Alstyne Doolittle, who bravely undertook to look after those of the brood who were still at home when they married in 1926. She also bore him his last son, an uncle of mine who is/was (I have yet to locate him) only 6 or 8 years older than myself. All this is in Ontario, CANADA, not far from Ottawa.

If anyone on this forum has happened upon K.R. his descendants or forebears I would be very glad to hear from you.

My name is Darrell McDonald, I live in Southern Ontario on the shore of Lake Erie but I grew up in Ottawa, Canada's capital.

Darrell (fussyoldfart) McDonald
The hurrier I go the behinder I get.