Change user on iMac

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
KatiMahaki

Change user on iMac

Post by KatiMahaki » Mon May 02, 2011 2:20 am

Hi
When I set up iFamily I had a brilliant idea ..... so I set it up under its own user with login. That was good for a while, now I find it annoying having to change users all the time.
Question: How do I move iFamily for its currant user with login to my own user with login permanently.

Thank you

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Mon May 02, 2011 3:52 am

Hi,

Firstly you will want to reinstall iFamily under your own account. (please email support@ifamilyforleopard.com if you cannot find the original DMG file to install from and require a new link to download.)

Secondly you will want to copy your data across. All iFamily data is stored in the ~/iFamilyData/ folder in each users home directory. Once the application ahs been installed, copy this data folder, (and it's subdirectories), to your usual user directory using Finder.

Then open iFamily and you will have access to your data. If you also want your preferences maintained, (diagram colours, check boxes, previous files, etc). Copy the following file between the users also. It is located at ~/Library/Preferences/com.kswa.ifamilyforleopard.plist, (where ~ is again each Users' home directory.).

Please let me know at the support email address if you have any problems.

Warwick.

KatiMahaki

Re Change user

Post by KatiMahaki » Mon May 02, 2011 5:30 am

Thanks for that Warwick