Leave arrangements - Meet Andrew.

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Leave arrangements - Meet Andrew.

Post by Warwick Wilson » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi All,

I am headed off on Long Service Leave for two months. I leave you in the capable hands of my webmaster Andrew Jennings should you have need of a reinstall or if any other issues arise that require assistance. He is not a Mac man, but he did build this website and I have every confidence that he is up to the task.

Please download V2.531 at your leisure, mainly it is an internationalization release, specifically for the Ancestors and Descendants reports and Diagrams. There is also a fixed bug which has been annoying me for quite some time, I am glad to see the back of it.

For those not int he know, Long Service Leave is an Australian tradition where after 10 years service at your workplace, they let you off for 3 months to catch a boat back to england. Although the times have changed the holiday has not :) This time next week I'll be hiking maccu piccu.

Regards,
Warwick Wilson.

AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi Everyone!

Hopefully I can be of help while Warwick is away. Please be patient for the first few days as I get a little more familiar with the application and the world of Apple. Warwick has left me plenty of notes and a database to tinker with.

I look forward to speaking to you all more over the coming weeks.

Andrew

Pewterpot

Post by Pewterpot » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 am

As you can see and are aware, iFamily is so good there should not be too much action on here for you AndrewJ. :D
20" iMac G5.
OSX 10.6.8

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!

AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:00 pm

iFamily is indeed pretty solid, support has been pretty straightforward so far as a result. I'm struck by what a pleasant (and helpful!) community that has grown around iFamily.

I'll berate Warwick on the lack of an iPad app on his return. While I'm sure he has other priorities concerning the current desktop version and an iPad version is some time away (if indeed this is the future!) I can poke him in the ribs for all the people requesting this though.

Over the next month or so, I'll be making a few changes to the website and the forums. More to come!