Problems with Lion

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
carolew

Problems with Lion

Post by carolew » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:00 am

I just migrated iFamily to my new Macbook Pro running Lion. When I open up ifamily I am getting multiple windows saying:
You appear to have moved the folder called iFamilyData - probably using Finder.
Please Quit from iFamily and use Finder to move it back to be a child of you Home folder.
In future please use the iFamily menu option File -> Move Data Directory.
You may also need to delete the iFamily Property List file at /Users/HomeFolder/Library/Preferences/com.kswa.iFamilyForLeopard.plist

It is in the same place as it always was, only on the new computer.
The dialogue boxes are difficult to close. And keep popping up, so I can't use the program.
I have no idea what is meant by "move it back to be a child of your home folder".
Any help appreciated

AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:59 am

Have a look in Finder. Under 'Places' you will see a folder called *YourMacName* (which will vary). You should find the iFamilyData folder there - along with 'Desktop', 'Sites' and many other folders.

From the sound of it, you may need to run the installer for the latest version. Send an email to support@ifamilyforleopard.com if you do not have this and I will send you one.

carolew

Post by carolew » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks for replying. I know where the iFamily data is and it seems to be in the right place. I can't reinstall the latest version as I can't open the program.
I have emailed support but have not had a reply.