Multiple photos

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Multiple photos

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue May 06, 2008 10:55 am

Originally posted by bat069

Hi All,

I can drag one photo into an individual's record and it appears where it should. However, when I drag a second photo in I can never see it, even though the software says there are two photos present. How do I view the second (or more) photos?

Thanks

Brian

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Multiple photos

Originally posted by Lesley

The images should just drag into the PICTURES pane and you can have heaps in this area should look like thumbnails till you want to transcribe ie enlarge
after being dragged to picture pane where you can view them anytime they will live in your i Family for Tiger Data Folder in the Pictures Folder
I also put in newspaper clippings and certificates which saves going through all my files when I want to look at one again
regards lesley

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Multiple photos

Originally posted by bat069

Maybe I'm missing something...what exactly is the picture pane?

When i drag a photo and drop it on to the person's name box (for want of a better term) it appears next to their name in the diagram (top half of the screen) and also next to their details (bottom half of the screen). When I double click on the photo I get a dialog box where I can adjust the brightness of the image (etc.) and make notes.

If I drag another photo on to the person's name it tells me there are two photos there but I can never see the second one.

What am I doing wrong?

Brian :-[

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Multiple photos

Originally posted by pewterpot

Brian

Use the 'Pictures*' at the bottom and click the plus sign on the left.
Pictures can be dragged straight from iPhoto or the desktop to the window that appears in iFamily. If there are several pics, the one you want to show on the main 'Family' window can be dragged to the left.
Play around with it. You can also collect virtually any picture from your system the finder as well. If you don't like what you see, use the (-) minus sign.

I must say that I have never come across such a versatile genealogical piece of software.