iFamily for Leopard and Tiger both in My Applications Folder

General discussion of iFamily for Leopard and Genealogy
Kirsten

iFamily for Leopard and Tiger both in My Applications Folder

Post by Kirsten » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:31 am

I just noticed that I have iFamily for Leopard and for Tiger both in My Applications Folder.

Is this
A) A potential problem?
B) An unnecessary duplication?
C) A needed "duplication"?

In other words, do I just ignore my discovery or do I trash iFamily for Tiger.app?

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Re: iFamily for Leopard and Tiger both in My Applications Fo

Post by Warwick Wilson » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:55 pm

Kirsten wrote:I just noticed that I have iFamily for Leopard and for Tiger both in My Applications Folder.

Is this
A) A potential problem?
B) An unnecessary duplication?
C) A needed "duplication"?

In other words, do I just ignore my discovery or do I trash iFamily for Tiger.app?
Hi Kirsten,

The answer is B :) The Tiger version can be happily deleted, it is essentially the same program but will not work on later versions of OSX.

You can infact delete both versions and reinstall the application with your data being safely stored in the iFamilyData folder while you do so. I note I have not received a registration from you for our most recent version which will work on OSX 10.8. Please either use the in program menu option to update or visit the following forum thread to obtain a fresh installer:

http://ifamilyforleopard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=929

Regards,
Warwick.

Kirsten

Post by Kirsten » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:31 am

Thanks, Warwick,

I have done as you suggested. I have trashed 2 old versions and downloaded the new one and registered it.

It was all very easy and straight forward. Encountered no problems.

And, best of all, iFamily works as well as ever (maybe better, I haven't yet encountered that aspect!)
:D