move person?

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
camccli

move person?

Post by camccli » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:42 am

Hi, all.

I'm finally getting into the censuses, and have just discovered that some of the people I have as John Doe's kids are actually his son John Doe's kids. (Thanks for continuing the family name!)

How to move them from one John to the other? Just disconnect them from John 1 and reconnect them to John 2? Or is there somewhere in the family dialogue/display/something where I can just change the parents?

Not seeing a way at the moment to tell the program that I want the dad to be John 2 (#57) instead of John 1 (#32).

No biggie if I have to disassociate and reassociate, just wondering if there's another/different way to do it.

Thanks!

Cathleen

NigelRichman

Re: move person?

Post by NigelRichman » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:35 pm

Hi Cathleen

I believe the only way to do what you want is to disconnect the person from the current parent and then add as new child to the new parent.

You need to have appropriate dates of birth for new parent and offspring so that the person appears in the offered ‘prospective children’.

Hope that helps

Nigel

camccli

Re: move person?

Post by camccli » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:52 am

Thanks, Nigel.

(Would've said that sooner, but didn't get notification of the reply, and hadn't checked back until now.)

Appreciate it!

Cathleen