another question re printing index

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
teagranny7

Post by teagranny7 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:36 am

Hi again, At the risk of asking the impossible and something that is quite simple. I would like to know if this can be done. I have spent considerable time attempting to find out if this has been asked but so far no luck.

Hopefully, I can keep this brief.

At this point I just wish to print a simple index containing full names and basic data birth, marriage and death facts. That is it. I did manage to create a csv file and find it contains too much info for my needs at this moment.
It is quite possible I am forgetting something about printing a portion of a spreadsheet.

Sorry to keep asking so many questions.

Many thanks once again.

Marlene

Rhys

Printing Index

Post by Rhys » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Marlene,

How are you going about this?

If you go to the "Index" button in the top left of the screen, you get the people index where you can filter your selection. When you click on "generate CSV file", it gives you an option to pick the columns you want in the CSV. Selecting the columns should result in a file without too much info.

In what way is it too much? Too many columns or too man rows?

- Rhys

teagranny7

Post by teagranny7 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:15 am

Hi again

Thank you Rhys for your reply. Simple explanation. Not knowing what the csv file actually was I just wanted to print the index. Other programs I have used one just prints the index.

After reading your suggestion I did manage to get it close to what I wanted,
just the basic facts for checking the facts.

Marlene