Help with cropping

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Larry Mura

Help with cropping

Post by Larry Mura » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:42 am

I am having difficulty cropping images. It used to work fine. When I hold down the left mouse button and drag, the cropped area (in blue box) is not the image that appears in the thumbnail photo in the left panel. I have version 2.892 and OSX 10.9.5 (13F34). My wife's cropping function works fine. She has version 2.892 and OSX 10.9.5 (13F34).

We set our Macs up side by side and cropped the same photo. On her Mac the function worked great...mine did not. Settings and preferences appear to be identical. This has been going on for a few months on my Mac. I thought it was an iFamily problem until I thought about checking the function on her computer. Can anyone help? I have quit iFamily....have rebooted. Nothing worked.

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Re: Help with cropping

Post by Warwick Wilson » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:07 am

I did have a customer point out that the images for his webpages were coming out at double size, (not yet fixed, sorry Bob). This was traced to the fact that he had a macbookpro with a retina screen and the image width and height calculation was being doubled by the functions used by iFamily.

Is your screen a retina mac? If so I can investigate further down that avenue.

Larry Mura

Post by Larry Mura » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Yes, I am using a MacBook Pro, Retina, 15-inch, late 2013. As I recall the problem started when I first started using this Mac. I thought it was associated with the new operating system....10.9. Your explanation makes perfect sense to me. Larry

Larry Mura

Post by Larry Mura » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:01 pm

However, the problem also occurs with my external 24 inch monitor. I can get the desired image in the thumbnail display if I position the crop box "blue box" such that the desired image is in the bottom left quarter of the box.

Larry Mura

Post by Larry Mura » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Here is an example of my cropping problem.
Thanks,

Larry
Attachments
Cropping problem 4.jpg
Cropping problem 4.jpg (69.51 KiB) Viewed 8006 times