Merge People within a Database?

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Gingernutt

Merge People within a Database?

Post by Gingernutt » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:25 am

Hello. I've found an old 2008 post that addresses this concern but at the bottom of the solution Keith added "All of the above needs to be improved (made slicker) but it does get you there." I'm just wondering if the improvement has happened or if I should follow the 2008 advice.

I need to merge two entries for the same person who goes way back and has hundreds (if not thousands) of descendants...I'm not at all sure if I've entered all descendants twice at this stage...huge job to check! If I go ahead with this merge, will ALL descendants from both the person's entries end up under the remaining merged person? What a job I'll have sorting this out if so!!

Thanks...Ginger

Gingernutt

Re: Merge People within a Database?

Post by Gingernutt » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:12 am

I'm answering myself here. I duplicated the database to 'have a go' and found by merging the one person, I then simply had to merge her children with one of her husband's and all seems fine. I'm going to keep the original database just in case I come across a problem down the track but the merge seems to have worked just fine, with a quick look at descendants showing all's well.