Sources

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Sources

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:06 pm

Originally posted by miss judy

When I switched from another genealogy program to IFamilyforLeopard I imported my information without problems. Sources went into sources with just a little cleanup. I've learned how to add new sources. What I can't understand is how the source connects with my relative. I'm sure there is something simple here, but I can't see it. I keep expecting the number of the source to pop up somewhere by my relative or in the notes or somewhere. It doesn't. The only way I get it there is to add it myself.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Sources

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Originally posted by jimwinfrey

Click on the individual's Events tab and the numbers for the sources linked to each event appear on the far right of the screen. Getting them there is automatic.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Sources

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:28 pm

Thanks. I see where the source number is listed in Events. Because I have just been typing in the source number where ever I wanted to, many relatives don't have the source connected to them in the auto way. Can I go back and get them connected correctly?

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Sources

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:59 pm

miss judy wrote:Thanks. I see where the source number is listed in Events. Because I have just been typing in the source number where ever I wanted to, many relatives don't have the source connected to them in the auto way. Can I go back and get them connected correctly?
Hi Judy

i am only guessing that you entered the Source Ids into the Notes and Comments fields, but since you cannot super-script them I assume that you have some sort of way of identifying then as a Source like (123) or something.

Use Sources Add/Edit to enter the Source.

Make it the Active Source using the button in the Sources Add/Edit dialog.

Close the Sources Add/Edit dialog

You can now Right Click (Control+Click) on any Person or Event and connect them via a Source Reference (Citation) to a Source.

To find the People and Events is the hard part.
Maybe do a search or generate a report?
  • Try the Search Field in the toolbar (it has a drop-down filter)
  • Try Reports - Filtered People.
  • Try People - Notes and the the Print button.
It depends on which field you want to search for your Source Numbers.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Sources

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:20 pm

Whew. Thanks Keith. This should keep me out of trouble for awhile. Judy