Downloading V2.443

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Downloading V2.443

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:08 pm

Originally posted by Geordie lass

Hi Keith,
Trying to download V2.443 - and failing! It's taking about 15 minutes for the download and then I get an error message telling me that the download failed timed out - I've tried twice this morning is there a problem with the download - or is it just that the internet is very slow today - it took ages to load the iFamily web pages this morning too!
Regards
Enid

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Downloading V2.443

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Geordie lass wrote:Hi Keith,
Trying to download V2.443 - and failing! It's taking about 15 minutes for the download and then I get an error message telling me that the download failed timed out - I've tried twice this morning is there a problem with the download - or is it just that the internet is very slow today - it took ages to load the iFamily web pages this morning too!
Regards, Enid,
Thanks for the heads up - there is something wrong at this end. Please try again tomorrow.
Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Downloading V2.443

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Originally posted by Geordie lass

Hi Keith,

Just to let you know everything seems to be back to normal and I've just successfully downloaded V2.443.

Must just say what a great programme this is - and like all things Mac so easy to use. I'm taking an early retirement later this month and that will be a big good-bye to the dark side!

Have a good weekend everybody
Regards
Enid

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Downloading V2.443

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:00 am

Originally posted by chavakayla

:'( I am still unable to download 2.443. My last update was 2.403 also I'm using OSX 10.4. Are these items problems

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Downloading V2.443

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:02 am

Originally posted by curriouscat

I had trouble with this too, Keith. It is slow, takes a long time. Sits at a point where it looks like it should have finished - with the blue progress bar all the way across. If you 'close' the window at that point, the disk image will not open. If you leave it for 5+ minutes, it completes the download and the disk image will mount.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Downloading V2.443

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:18 am

curriouscat wrote:I had trouble with this too, Keith. It is slow, takes a long time. Sits at a point where it looks like it should have finished - with the blue progress bar all the way across. If you 'close' the window at that point, the disk image will not open. If you leave it for 5+ minutes, it completes the download and the disk image will mount.
Please do not add more messages to this thread. The problem with the server is being corrected as quickly as possible.

6:55 pm (AEST) - the new server is now running correctly and the download speed is now back to normal - on my connection I am getting better that 5000 kilobits per second and a 7.8 Mb download takes just under 20 seconds.

Keith