How Add Source Types?

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

How Add Source Types?

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:26 am

Originally posted by jillaine smith

I'm cleaning up my sources. Source types don't transfer between FTM and iFamily, so I'm editing my sources and adding types. But I'm finding that the existing default list of source types doesn't have all the " types" I need. For example, there's nothing about immigration records. How do I edit the source type. I tried the help and I also searched these fora and did not find the answer. Please advise. Thanks.

-- Jillaine

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

How Add Source Types?

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:41 am

jillaine smith wrote:I'm cleaning up my sources. Source types don't transfer between FTM and iFamily, so I'm editing my sources and adding types. But I'm finding that the existing default list of source types doesn't have all the " types" I need. For example, there's nothing about immigration records. How do I edit the source type. I tried the help and I also searched these fora and did not find the answer. Please advise. Thanks. -- Jillaine
Hi Jillaine

Type the name of the new source-type into the source-type field. The new source-type will be added to the list. And yes, I do know it is not obvious - until you know about it.

Keith