Event Names

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Event Names

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:45 am

Originally posted by Harry Gruss

How do I change Event Type from EVEN to DIV to indicate a divorce? When I attempt to change the event type it is grayed out. Also I do not see Divorced in the Event Type list. Any help will be greatly appreciate. I am using V2.440.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Event Names

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:41 am

Harry Gruss wrote:How do I change Event Type from EVEN to DIV to indicate a divorce? When I attempt to change the event type it is grayed out. Also I do not see Divorced in the Event Type list. Any help will be greatly appreciate. I am using V2.440.
And EVEN event can be attached to either a Person or a Spousal Relationship (aka, Union or Marriage).

If the EVEN event is currently attached to a Person then it cannot be changed into a MARR, DIV, ... event.

If the EVEN event is attached to a Spousal Relationship then you need to activate the Family Dialog (not the Family pane). To activate the Family Dialog you click on the large up-arrow at the centre top of the Family pane.

Once you have the Family Dialog visible you can then change the event type in the list of Marriage Events by clicking on the drop-down list in the table.

Keith