Backup to disc

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Backup to disc

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:21 pm

Originally posted by ptopus

Keith,

I am new to iFamily. So far everything is going well. I have loaded my GEDCOM file from Reunion and the data is good. However, I would like to occasionally back up my iFamily data to a disc for storage off the computer. I have tried once and failed. I must not be looking in the right places in the application or on the forum, because I can't find any help. Can you head me in the right direction as to the steps to accomplish this task?

Thanks.
Pat

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Backup to disc

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:33 pm

ptopus wrote:Keith,

I am new to iFamily. So far everything is going well. I have loaded my GEDCOM file from Reunion and the data is good. However, I would like to occasionally back up my iFamily data to a disc for storage off the computer. I have tried once and failed. I must not be looking in the right places in the application or on the forum, because I can't find any help. Can you head me in the right direction as to the steps to accomplish this task?

Thanks.
Pat
You can use menu option File - Backup Current Database . This creates an exact copy of your current database in a folder called iFamilyData/Backups.

Insert a CD, drag the iFamily backup file onto the CD and burn it.

Note 1: iFamily can not read a database directly from a CD. If you want to read the database that is on the CD you must first copy it back onto your main drive - then use iFamily menu option File - Open to open the database file.

Note 2. You can rename an iFamily backup file but o NOT change the file extension, it must always be .FtkSql

Keith