Merging  people

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Merging  people

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:09 pm

Originally posted by carolew

I have followed the instructions for merging two people within a database, but I always end up with no one in the left hand side to merge with my chosen person, even though they have the same name. I must have missed something.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Merging  people

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:24 pm

carolew wrote:I have followed the instructions for merging two people within a database, but I always end up with no one in the left hand side to merge with my chosen person, even though they have the same name. I must have missed something.
Hi Carole

The two people to be merged MUST have the same birth year. An approximate birth year will do by entering, say, " abt 1920"
  • Please upgrade to V2.422 so you can use the new features in Merge Two People.
  • Make the person who is the Target of the Merge the Focal Person in the Context Diagram.
  • Select menu option Merge and Compare - Merge Two People in the Current Database.
  • On the LH side select the person from whom you want to merge data into the Focal Person.
  • Press the appropriate Merge buttons in the centre of the dialog.
  • If you no longer need the person on the LH side then press the Delete button.
  • If you need more explanation then press the Help button at the top of the dialog.
Does the above answer your question?

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Merging  people

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:37 pm

Originally posted by carolew

Yes. thank you.