Unexpectedly quits

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Unexpectedly quits

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:19 pm

Originally posted by dennisbray

I am running version 2.403 (recently upgraded to 2.413) on a 17 inch iMac with OSX 10.4.11. The iFamily application frequently quits, with an non-specific error message from OSX, while I am editing or entering new data. Is anybody else having this problem? I can restart the program, missing only my last data entry

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Unexpectedly quits

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:31 am

dennisbray wrote:I am running version 2.403 (recently upgraded to 2.413) on a 17 inch iMac with OSX 10.4.11. The iFamily application frequently quits, with an non-specific error message from OSX, while I am editing or entering new data. Is anybody else having this problem? I can restart the program, missing only my last data entry
Hi Dennis

Another customer has recently had a similar problem with " unexpected quits" . The cause of the problem was a faulty memory chip.

Please
  • send me an email that describes what your were doing just prior to the errors occur - is there a pattern or is it " random" .
  • send me a copy of the error message that OSX is generating
  • email me the database file for analysis so I can run some diagnostics to determine if the fault is within iFamily or is outside of iFamily for Leopard.
Note: Entering data from another application using copy and paste does cause a problem with some single line data entry fields in iFamily. If the problem occurs immediately after a paste into a field from the clipboard then please let me know which field is causing the problem.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Unexpectedly quits

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:38 am

dennisbray wrote:I am running version 2.403 (recently upgraded to 2.413) on a 17 inch iMac with OSX 10.4.11. The iFamily application frequently quits, with an non-specific error message from OSX, while I am editing or entering new data. Is anybody else having this problem? I can restart the program, missing only my last data entry
Hi Dennis

Many thanks for your offline feedback on this issue. You have been very patient and tolerant and your detailed reports have been very useful.

In V2.416 a bug has been fixed that removes the cause of this error.

Keith