Printing notes from the pictures section

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed May 21, 2008 6:14 am

Originally posted by bobwill

How can the notes from the pictures section be printed? Can they be printed along with the photographs they describe?

- Bob Will

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun May 25, 2008 3:24 am

bobwill wrote:How can the notes from the pictures section be printed? Can they be printed along with the photographs they describe?

- Bob Will
There is nowhere that the Notes for the Pictures can be printed. Thanks for highlighting this. For a start I will add Notes to the Pictures Where Used report. Do you have a particular reason why and where you would like to see the notes printed?

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun May 25, 2008 5:51 am

Thanks again, Keith, for your kind response.
I like to add in-depth information in the notes section that supports the pictures. I will most likely print the photo/notes combination as part of a book to tell the stories of my ancestors.

- Bob

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:09 am

bobwill wrote:Thanks again, Keith, for your kind response. I like to add in-depth information in the notes section that supports the pictures. I will most likely print the photo/notes combination as part of a book to tell the stories of my ancestors. - Bob
Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

1. In the Pictures Add/Edit dialog there are now two new buttons for next the " Next" and " Previous" . These allow you to review the Notes more quickly than before.

2. Maybe I should export a list of " selected images" to an Album in iPhoto and then you can use the iPhoto " book publishing" features. The export would include the Original Image, Title, Date and Notes. In iPhoto 8 you can also print a " Contact Sheet" and use " Settings" to decide what info should be printed for each picture.

Does that provide what you need?

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 am

Keith,

That should do it. Thank you again.

Bob 8-)

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:47 am

Keith Wilson wrote:
bobwill wrote:Thanks again, Keith, for your kind response. I like to add in-depth information in the notes section that supports the pictures. I will most likely print the photo/notes combination as part of a book to tell the stories of my ancestors. - Bob
2. Maybe I should export a list of " selected images" to an Album in iPhoto and then you can use the iPhoto " book publishing" features. The export would include the Original Image, Title, Date and Notes. In iPhoto 8 you can also print a " Contact Sheet" and use " Settings" to decide what info should be printed for each picture. Keith
Hi Bob

I tried to export the required info into iPhoto using AppleScript (failed), EXIF Metadata (failed) and the Clipboard (failed). Some options were partially successful but in the end I scrapped the lot because I am not willing to maintain the code. All of these solutions were dependent on factors outside my control such as the version of OSX or the version of iPhoto that is installed on the machine. So that left one option - to generate the output directly from iFamily. I have implemented it as follows:

In V2.413 I have enhanced the HTML Web Pages output by adding an option to Include Notes for each Picture.

If you like this solution then maybe you don't need to print the hard copy album at all - you can generate the appropriate HTML files and then burn them onto a CD or upload them to a web site.

Keith