How update "Last Change" date?

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:27 am

Originally posted by tomk

Hi, I'm new to iFamily for Leopard and am transitioning from Legacy since I switched to the Mac. On imported individuals from Legacy GEDCOM, there is a Last Change date that shows up in iFamily in top right section of the first Tab that has individual name, data, notes, and comments. That date reflects the last change made in Legacy before import.

When I make new changes to an individual in iFamily, the date does not change. Why not?

Since I export updated GEDCOMs to TNG, it is important that I can recognize changes during the TNG update. I looked in preferences, help files, etc., but could not find any reference to what sets this date.

Thanks,

TomK

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:38 am

Thanks for the heads up - it is about time I addressed this issue.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:43 am

Originally posted by tomk

Okay, so this doesn't work currently... I thought since it had a date, that I was just missing a preference setting somewhere.
TomK

tomk

How Export "Last Change" on GEDCOM?

Post by tomk » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:25 pm

Looks like the program has been updated to correct the problem of the "Last Change" date so that it reflects the current date and time if you make any changes on the individual. That's great.

Question: How do I get this Change Date on a GEDCOM Export?

I'm still using Legacy (on my Microsoft Windows Laptop) to manage my data base, and export to my website that uses Darrin Lythgoe's TNG. The GEDCOM exports from Legacy include the last change date in the following format - and TNG is able to recognize it and only update when the date has changed. This is important for me to be able to use iFamily for Leopard as my database of record.

Legacy GEDCOM export snippet:
1 _UID 8B5A60C04C2B46EF9D4630E57AC7611E690A
1 CHAN
2 DATE 4 Oct 2008
3 TIME 08:24

Is there an option to enable iFamily for Leopard to export the Change Date on the GEDCOM?

Thanks,
TomK

tomk

Plans to include Last Changed Date in GEDCOM Exports

Post by tomk » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:30 pm

I&#39m just following up on whether or not there are any plans to include the Last Changed Date GEDCOM Exports.

I&#39ve been looking at the current release looking for options that specify what can be included or excluded on GEDCOM Exports, but haven&#39t found how to include Last Changed Date.

The last change date is important for how my website running TNG notifies what&#39s new in the database.

Are there plans to allow better specification of what fields are included on a GEDCOM export?

Thanks,
Tom