Location of data file

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Location of data file

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:43 am

Originally posted by ezlxq

Just updated to 2.398. All is well except for one small niggle.

It's complaining that I've put the data file in the wrong place (but it seems to be opening the correct data file anyway). At present I've got the data file in the same folder as the application.

It's asking me to move the data file into a folder which is the child of the home folder. But it's already in such a folder. Here's the path:
~/Applications/01. Main/Family TreeÖ/iFamily 2.398/iFamilyForTigerData/Steensby:Bardahl.FtkSql
Or do I misconstrue?

If it's using the correct data file, do I really need to do anything?

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Location of data file

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:29 am

ezlxq wrote:Just updated to 2.398. All is well except for one small niggle. It's complaining that I've put the data file in the wrong place (but it seems to be opening the correct data file anyway). At present I've got the data file in the same folder as the application. It's asking me to move the data file into a folder which is the child of the home folder. But it's already in such a folder. Here's the path: ~/Applications/01. Main/Family TreeÖ/iFamily 2.398/iFamilyForTigerData/Steensby:Bardahl.FtkSql
Or do I misconstrue? If it's using the correct data file, do I really need to do anything?
Hi

iFamily believes that you have moved the iFamilyForTigerData folder using Finder. Is this correct?

In iFamily the correct way to move the folder called iFamilyForTigerData is to use the menu option File - Move Data Directory.

Keith