Title as description

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Title as description

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:51 am

Originally posted by Myriam D

I would like to be able to add a title as a prefix, not as a description after the name.
With titles and occupations it is not either or, it can be both.
(persons in the Javanese nobility can have an occupation and they are always named with their title first)

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Title as description

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Myriam D wrote:I would like to be able to add a title as a prefix, not as a description after the name. With titles and occupations it is not either or, it can be both.(persons in the Javanese nobility can have an occupation and they are always named with their title first)
The Queen of England's occupation is being a Queen. But she has quite a lot more titles and and more occupations. Here is the list of Titles from Wikipedia that I would enter as Events with a date on which the new status started
  • 21 April 1926 ñ 11 December 1936: Her Royal Highness Princess Elizabeth of York
    11 December 1936 ñ 20 November 1947: Her Royal Highness The Princess Elizabeth
    20 November 1947 ñ 6 February 1952: Her Royal Highness The Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Edinburgh
    Since 6 February 1952: Her Majesty The Queen
If you want a more extensive list of the Queen's Titles, Occupations and Honours then have a look at List of titles and honours of Queen Elizabeth II - and that list doesn't even mention the Boy Scouts and the Girl Guides. Basically what I am saying is that a Title or an Occupation has a start date and should (logically) be entered as an Event - with a date that indicates the start of that new title/occupation. A person's Titles and Occupations change during their lifetime and are usually marked by some event. A person may have multiple occupations and multiple titles at the same time - sometimes the person has a conflict of interest but ...

Keith