How do I merge a person with all their dependants?

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Originally posted by Roger

I know how to copy a person from one database into another, but how do I merge the same person from one to another with all info? I have entries for the same person on two iFfT databases but on the second database there is more ancestry information and I would like to transfer it all across, without losing all my original info. Is there a way?
Thanks.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:56 pm

Roger wrote:I know how to copy a person from one database into another, but how do I merge the same person from one to another with all info? I have entries for the same person on two iFfT databases but on the second database there is more ancestry information and I would like to transfer it all across, without losing all my original info. Is there a way?
Thanks.
In V2.393 the merge has now been enhanced to include more people. It previously included just the direct line Ancestors or Descendants. When you select Ancestors Plus all their Descendants the merge now copies an extended hourglass diagram for the merged person. This can be a very large group of people. Please also refer to How do I merge data from one database into another

Keith