Keeping Preferences

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Keeping Preferences

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:11 pm

Originally posted by seacount

Is there a way to keep preference from one session to another? For instance, I do not use family name in all caps and I prefer displaying the full name in the diagram but each time I start ifamily I have to reset these preferences. I would prefer that the preferences would be saved from one session to another. Is there something I need to do to save preferences?

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Keeping Preferences

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Is there a way to keep preference from one session to another? For instance, I do not use family name in all caps and I prefer displaying the full name in the diagram but each time I start ifamily I have to reset these preferences. I would prefer that the preferences would be saved from one session to another. Is there something I need to do to save preferences?
Most of the iFamily User Preferences are saved between sessions and are unchanged the next time you start iFamily. This already includes the preference for Family Names All Caps. If this is not so then maybe there is a problem with file permissions on your machine that is affecting the iFamily plist file. Please check the permissions on the plist file Home /Library /Preferences /com.kswa.iFamilyForTiger.plist

If there is a specific User Preferences that is not saved and you would like to have it saved between sessions then please let me know exactly which one(s).

Keith