How can I copy people from one window to another?

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:19 am

Originally posted by Roger

Hi,
I have two databases open, both iFamilyfortiger, one my main and one an imported Gedcom. I want to transfer data across for several relatives and wonder if it is possible to transfer multiple people entries across without having to keystroke all the info, or copy and paste one at a time which will take some time.
Thanks.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi Roger

Please refer to " How do I merge data from one database into another" at http://ifamilyforleopard.com/forums/YaB ... 1179122591

Regards, Keith Wilson

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:09 pm

Keith Wilson wrote:Hi Roger

Please refer to " How do I merge data from one database into another" at http://ifamilyforleopard.com/forums/YaB ... 1179122591

Regards, Keith Wilson
Keith,

I have followed your instructions but I am getting stalled at every turn. I opened both source and target databases, highlighted respective names and got to

" Step 4. In the Target database right click on the ghost box for Mary BROWN's father and a pop-up menu appears. "

to which I have no right click function as my mouse is a standard single button Apple mouse, so instead I CTRL / click and still NO menu comes up. Both target and source have full names and dates of birth so I don't understand what the problem is!

I can only deduce that you are referring to users of Leopard and I am still using Tiger 10.4.11 until later this year when I shall upgrade. I even tried merging data from source to target but seemingly didn't work either.

A little more help please buddy!

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:20 pm

I think I have sorted it! I clicked on the spouse ghost box and the menu came up then I tried my target box and the menu came up. Don't ask me what I did to get this 'cos I do not know only I seem to have got what I wanted! :o

Edit:
Had another go and realised that you cannot click on the target box BEFORE right / CTRL clicking. You have to do it on an UNOPENED box. Eureka!!! :)