Deleting date of death

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Deleting date of death

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:58 am

Originally posted by favell44

In my former genealogy program I used to put in bef 1850 for the death date of someone born in 1750 and whose date of death I didn't know (and so on for similar early entries). This was for a technical reason which made sense at the time (to do with certain graphs). When I imported the file to iFamily I decided to start deleting these death date entries. However, on examining the data in the list of people I find that these death dates show as 0 rather than being blank. (I also noticed in passing that a few birth dates also show up as 0.) The two kinds of death date (ie 0 and blank) also seem to give slightly different outcomes under the events list for such people. All this is mildly annoying rather than crucial, but if there is some way to turn bef 1850 into a blank rather than a 0 I would be grateful.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Deleting date of death

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:11 am

In the People Index a birth or death date of 0 indicates that an event exists in the database but there is no date for that event. A blank indicates that no event exists in the database.

if you want to delete the event itself then you have to use the Events pane, select the event, and then press the [-] button.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Deleting date of death

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:18 pm

Originally posted by favell44

1. Amazingly prompt reply.
2. As with everything about iFamily the explanation is perfectly logical.

Oh - and 3. Thanks.