Photos of spouses on D Charts

If you are having difficulty using iFamily for Leopard.
eg: "How do I change someone's sex after they are married?
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:46 pm

Originally posted by jmje562

Can anyone tell me if there is a way photos of spouses can be added to descendants charts? Other programs automatically include spouses in adjoining boxes.

Also if certificates are stored in the pictures section and you have no photos of that individual is there a way of excluding the certs from the charts?

Thanks
jmje

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi

You cannot include pictures of spouses on descendants charts. We decided to omit them because they are not actually " descendants" . It also became confusing when a person had multiple spouses and some spouses had pictures whereas others did not. In other words we applied the KISS principle.

You can add a PlaceHolder picture as the first picture in a person's picture gallery using the button labelled " Add PlaceHolder" . A PlaceHolder picture will not be displayed on the Ancestors or Descendants diagrams.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:14 pm

Whilst I understand the reasoning behind it (they are not descendants) I think it is a shame not to include photos of spouses in D charts. However, I do NOT think the fact that you may not have a photo of them to be a valid reason.
I wonder how others feel about it?
I certainly want to have their photos included, or at least an option to include them or not. This may be the sole reason for me reverting back to another program which I would do very reluctantly.
I produce many charts for family members and not to include photos of spouses will an issue for them. The logic from a genealogists point of view will not hold with them and mainataining the interest of current generations is extremely important.
Form a genealogists point of view we need not include spouses if their is no issue, etc, etc. I think we have to think broader (and from the perspective of others) on some issues. :-[

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:12 am

I will resurrect the code to display the spouses and provide a user defined option to include pictures of spouses. If a spouse's image is missing it will display some sort of " blank placeholder image" .

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:05 pm

THANKS Keith
I really appreciate the positive response to this request. I am extremely happy as I would have reverted back to my old program and this change will mean I remain a very happy and committed iFamily user and advocate.
Once again my sincere thanks
Jeanette :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:36 pm

In V2.347 I have added an option to display the default image for each spouse.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:41 pm

Thank you sooooooo much.
Jeanette :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Puppo

Re: Photos of spouses on D Charts

Post by Puppo » Thu May 14, 2009 12:36 am

Keith Wilson wrote:In V2.347 I have added an option to display the default image for each spouse.

Keith
Is it (could it be) possible to *not* display certain spouses, for instance ex-spouses, in the D charts?

Thanks for your work, looking forward to the next update!

Paul

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 am

Hi Puppo,

To quote Keith from an earlier post:

"You can add a PlaceHolder picture as the first picture in a person&#39s picture gallery using the button labelled " Add PlaceHolder" . A PlaceHolder picture will not be displayed on the Ancestors or Descendants diagrams. "

This will stop a picture being displayed for that individual - I guess it will be in all output not just the Descendant diagram.

Would this do what you need?

Nigel

Puppo

Post by Puppo » Thu May 14, 2009 9:12 am

NigelRichman wrote:Hi Puppo,

To quote Keith from an earlier post:

"You can add a PlaceHolder picture as the first picture in a person&#39s picture gallery using the button labelled " Add PlaceHolder" . A PlaceHolder picture will not be displayed on the Ancestors or Descendants diagrams. "

This will stop a picture being displayed for that individual - I guess it will be in all output not just the Descendant diagram.

Would this do what you need?

Nigel
That should work.

Thanks.